Bright Start For New Show Owners
Two days of glorious sunshine contributed to a successful weekend for the UK Summer Motorhome & Caravan Show, the first under new owner and organiser Mortons Media Group.
The event, which took place at Kent Showground on June 6-7, welcomed an increased number of day visitors, weekend campers, traders and exhibitors from its debut running in 2014.
Head of the show Richard Sinclair said: “Mortons has only recently acquired the trio of UK Motorhome & Caravan Shows and, while we have plenty of plans to take them to new heights, this first weekend under our stewardship bodes well for the future.”
Thousands of enthusiasts packed in to the Detling venue to inspect and buy a host of new and used motorhomes and caravans, along with accessories, consumables and specialist services.
Local dealers joined national traders in showcasing their ranges, including Choose Leisure which reported excellent sales.
Paul Santos, owner and managing director at the company, said: “This year’s show was a huge success for us. We saw more people, the sun shone and we sold more than double the units we did last year. Who can ask for more?”
Sales and trade activities were accompanied with exclusive evening entertainment for weekend campers as crowds were treated to performances from magicians, impressionists and both Lionel Richie and Bee Gees tribute acts.
Attention for Mortons now turns to the Autumn version of the three events, held at Newark Showground on the weekend of September 5-6. The Spring event takes place on April 2-3 next year, also at the Nottinghamshire venue, with Kent Showground set to host its third annual UK Summer Motorhome & Caravan Show on June 4-5.
Information on all three exhibitions in the group can be found at www.motorhomeandcaravanshows.co.uk